Why call it Taco Casserole?

Lately I have been sharing my dinner tips and tricks with a few friends and then I even shared them on Facebook. One of my friends suggested that I start a blog with my menus and recipes so it is all contained in one space and easy to find. She said, “You should call it Taco Casserole.” (I had just shared that particular recipe via video with this group of friends.)

I laughed and then thought, “Why not?!”

This will simply be a place I share my simple recipes and my monthly meal plan. I truly cannot take all the credit, I borrow and tweak things to make them work for me.

I can’t wait to share it all with you and hope you find inspiration in my methods.

For now, here is the recipe that I named this blog for, enjoy!!

Taco Casserole

1 pound ground beef, browned

1 packet taco seasoning

1 can tomato sauce

5-6 flour tortillas

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 can milk

2-3 cups shredded cheddar

Spray bottom of 13x9” cake pan with cooking spray. Layer 2-3 flour tortillas on the bottom of pan. Mix together burger, seasoning and tomato sauce and layer over shells. Make another layer of tortillas over the meat mix, make sure it’s covered. Mix together soup and milk until smooth and pour onto shells. Sprinkle cheese over top of milk mixture and bake at 375 for 30 minutes, or until Cheese is brown and bubbly. Serve with shredded lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream or cottage cheese.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ham and Bean Soup 

Easy Hamburger Stroganoff 

Soft Sugar Cookies and Buttercream Frosting